Every summer in Wallonia you can observe the same phenomenon: a great transhumance of festival goers. Great numbers of set off on their annual quest for music, a communion of bewitching rythms, evenings spent under the stars and precious moments shared with artists who are usually elusive.
As traditions dictates, Wallonia offers you its festivals. There is something for everybody and all tastes. There are some for real aficionados
- Les Ardentes in Liège is building itself an international reputation and takes place in Coronmeuse, from 9 to 12 July, celebrating its tenth birthday. Les Ardentes offers a proposent encore une fois une selection of artists from all musical genres: rock, pop, electro, hip-hop, techno, soul… With, among others big names, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Paul Kalkbrenner, Iggy Pop…
- The Francofolies bring their mobile village to Spa from 17 to 20 July. A special mention goes to french-language singer Calogero who is one of the headliners. Also expected on stage: Gad Elmaleh, Florent Pagny, BJScott, Fantôme, Iggy Pop, La Roux … The "Francos Juniors" offer youngsters a festival that is tailor-made for them.
- The twentieth edition of Dour Festival from 15 to 19 July, which is joining forces with Mons 2015 to create a great celebration of culture, music, Europe and youth. Five days of party atmosphere with 200 artists including Snoop Dog, Youssoupha, Lauryn Hill, … Dour is an unmissable stop on the festival route this summer.
- The festival de Ronquières, on 1 and 2 August in the unique setting of the inclined plain. Though not as large as other festivals, the Ronquières Festival is a fun, family-friendly festival.
- The Gaume Jazz in Rossignol, from 7 to 9 August. Jazz from all over the world and in all shapes and sizes: solo, bands, jazz-rock, funky… all of this in a green setting in Belgium's most southern region.
- Esperanzah ! in Floreffe, from 31 July to 2 August. Set in Floreffe Abbaye, this festival is unlike any other. Children and a commitment to humanitarian aid are what makes up the DNA of this festival, which combines music and street arts. Esperanzah ! is a delightful musical mess.